Me, abridged...

My photo
I'm a "twenty-something". I am hopelessly awkward and romantic. I love music and movies and traveling and having new adventures. I teach first grade in South Carolina. These are my romantic musings and random ramblings.

Sunday, June 2, 2013

What was I thinking?!

Have you ever looked back at someone you were dating and wondered what the heck you were thinking when you liked them? Like, just the sight of them now makes you angry, annoyed, and/or physically ill?  And the very thought of them touching you makes you want to run and hide?  (Or buy a taser and some pepper spray?)

Breaking up IS tough to do.  Personally, I find that the easiest way to do it is to be blunt and straight forward and hurt their feelings a little bit, just to make sure that they don't still pine for you. (I wish I could say that this actually works for me. It doesn't.)  I am unfortunately sometimes the "one that got away" or in some cases "the one that sprinted far, far away in terror without ever looking back".  If someone does something that I find unforgivable--or something that shows evidence of their mental instability, I'm not going to willingly welcome them back into my life.  I'm sorry, but "I do not like you or want to be around you again EVER because you are literally psychotic" is not me playing hard to get or being coy.  It is not a green light to try harder to win me over.  I am not trying to be a challenge.  I just actually don't want to speak to you.  

...I should really get a job helping Taylor Swift compose some of her break-up songs. They would be much more scathing and probably slightly less catchy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment