Me, abridged...

My photo
I'm a "twenty-something". I am hopelessly awkward and romantic. I love music and movies and traveling and having new adventures. I teach first grade in South Carolina. These are my romantic musings and random ramblings.

Saturday, January 25, 2014

The Sad Reality


Recently, the county I live in, a usually quiet and undisturbed corner of the world, has been getting some nationwide recognition. Not for its beautiful oak trees, parks, or beaches, but for having a trashy reality television show filmed here. Being a reasonably intelligent person with very little patience/tolerance for drunken people acting like idiots, I couldn't bring myself to watch an entire episode. Though, before I could make a snap judgment about "Party Down South"--yes, that's the name--I watched a few clips of the show. Obviously, I was kind of grossed out and actually felt sorry for these people for acting so foolish on national television. (FACT: there's a slightly older, creepy guy on there that the younger girls actually call "Daddy"-see man in muscle tee above.) But, hey, stupidity and promiscuity sell--just think about how much money the people from "Jersey Shore" have right now.

It made me think about if I were on a reality TV show. They always have those tiny rooms where one person goes in and talks crap about everyone/confesses things to the camera. It would be hysterical to see what people like Snooki or "Daddy"would have to say about me...."That Meredith chick is soooo bizarre. She goes to bed at, like, 9:30 every night. What an old woman!" Or "Why doesn't Meredith ever go out with us? When she does, she just looks pissed off, and like she'd rather be at home reading by herself." Also, "Meredith is cute but she seriously needs to loosen up. (That one I've actually heard in real life!) And what's with all the Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings references?" All in all, I would probably make for an incredibly drama free reality show...I would never be the fan favorite, and no one would appreciate my wittiness. Maybe I would be painted as a frigid bitch because I would never stoop so low as to actually talk to the other people in the house? :)



No comments:

Post a Comment