Me, abridged...

My photo
I'm a "twenty-something". I am hopelessly awkward and romantic. I love music and movies and traveling and having new adventures. I teach first grade in South Carolina. These are my romantic musings and random ramblings.

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

A Piece of Advice


This is a little piece of advice that I give others but rarely take myself.  If someone doesn't serve you, make you grow as a person, or care about your happiness, WALK AWAY. If they don't care to spend time with you, don't try to spend time with them.  If they don't respect you, don't stand for it.  If we put up with people who treat us terribly, we will continue to attract people who treat us that way.  (I also know that it's incredibly difficult to spot the douchebag if you're the one who this is happening to.) I'm quick to tell my friends, "He treats you like crap! Why do you keep putting up with that?", yet I know I've put up with it myself.  A LOT.

You just have to remind yourself that you are a person of value and if someone does not see that, then they are not worth your precious time.  Be strong enough to walk away from them.

1 comment:

  1. love this! If only more people would actually FOLLOW this advice ;)

    ReplyDelete