Me, abridged...

My photo
I'm a "twenty-something". I am hopelessly awkward and romantic. I love music and movies and traveling and having new adventures. I teach first grade in South Carolina. These are my romantic musings and random ramblings.

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Hit the nail on the head with that one.


Today on the Challenge: *Something someone told you about yourself that you'll never forget.*

About a year ago, I went on a date or two with this guy who was a high school history teacher. (I'm going to call him "teacher guy" because I have absolutely no clue what his actual name is.)  On our first date, we went to walk around the Capitol building in Columbia, SC.  We were talking about teaching jobs, and I, at this point, was still trying to find one.  I was explaining to him how terrible I am at interviews, when he said, "I think the reason you don't have a teaching job is because it's really obvious you just don't give a shit what other people think about you." At first, I was a little offended because of his brutal honesty, but then I thought about how that trait is actually a really good one to have. I don't care what other people think of me, and I'm never going to try to change myself to impress anyone. (Maybe a lot of teachers are suck-ups? I don't know.) 

Anyway, I ended up only going out on one more date with him after that because he had a terrible sense of humor. He actually continuously quoted "Dude, Where's My Car?" 12 years after it came to theaters. But, what he said to me did stick with me. Thanks for the insight into myself, teacher guy! 

2 comments:

  1. hi there! :) blogwalking here...i got intrigued with your blog title.. :) nice blog here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much!!! Glad you like! :)

    ReplyDelete