Me, abridged...

My photo
I'm a "twenty-something". I am hopelessly awkward and romantic. I love music and movies and traveling and having new adventures. I teach first grade in South Carolina. These are my romantic musings and random ramblings.

Monday, May 6, 2013

"What Do You Do?"

I'm attempting to do this "blog everyday in May" thing so.... today's question was, "If you couldn't answer the question 'what do you do?' with your job, what would you say?" (I'm a first grade teacher, in case you didn't know.)  Everything I would want to say I "do" makes me sound creepy or lame. I "hang out with kids"sounds like I'm Matthew McConaughey's character from Dazed and Confused. I "inspire children to learn" or "change lives" sounds incredibly cheesy and like I'm glorifying myself.

What do I do? Hmmm...well, I perform.  I entertain. Occasionally, I sing.  I attempt to engage the attentions of 18 young children. I laugh. At my students but mostly at myself.  I try to make things fun.  I make sure no one gets seriously injured while in my care.  At the end of a long day, I also enjoy a nice glass of wine.  Because I deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment