Me, abridged...

My photo
I'm a "twenty-something". I am hopelessly awkward and romantic. I love music and movies and traveling and having new adventures. I teach first grade in South Carolina. These are my romantic musings and random ramblings.

Monday, May 20, 2013

Creepers Need Lovin' Too?

Today, I had a perfect(ly terrifying) stranger leave me a note saying he'd like to have "A intelligent convo" with me and give ME his number. Other than not knowing what kind of "intelligent" conversation I could possibly have with an individual who says A intelligent instead of an intelligent, I genuinely wonder what kind of vibes I could be putting down that would leave someone to think that I would respond favorably to a move like that. Perhaps he interpreted my aloof politeness as a green light? Did he honestly think I would call him and not be the least bit freaked out? I'm really concerned by the methods people will use just to hit on someone they don't even know, but I'm MORE concerned about any lonely, sad woman who would actually respond to them.

For example, ever looked through the Craigslist "missed encounters" or romance sections just for a laugh? If you haven't, you should. It's incredible how pathetic some people can be. Like, "Hey, I saw you at the gas station and you was lookin' so sexxxy in your white jeans and crop top, but you was with your boyfriend. If you want to get wit a real man, let me know wut kinda car you was driving and we can hook up." Like, SERIOUSLY. Who would actually ANSWER one of those ads? And what type of quality person would be seriously looking for love on CRAIGSLIST?!? (Clearly, these people don't watch enough E! murder specials, or they'd be more cautious like I am.)

This reminds me...I seriously need to invest in some pepper spray.


1 comment:

  1. Uh yeah, that's a definite "no" to "a intelligent" conversation. Good call. Found your blog through the SOML link up!

    ReplyDelete