Me, abridged...

My photo
I'm a "twenty-something". I am hopelessly awkward and romantic. I love music and movies and traveling and having new adventures. I teach first grade in South Carolina. These are my romantic musings and random ramblings.

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Fears and such

Today's "Blog Every Day in May" topic was "what are you afraid of?"  Well, I am probably one of the most cautious people on the planet when it comes to trusting strangers. For example, you will NEVER see me climbing into a car to go home with a guy I just met out drinking at a bar.  I watch enough E! murder mystery specials to know that that's how you get abducted and raped and brutally murdered. (Also, I'm just not a one night stand kinda girl.)

As far as a deeper type of fear, I can sum up my main anxieties by quoting a song by Ben Howard which is actually called "The Fear":

I've been worryin' that my time is a little unclear
I've been worryin' that I'm losing the ones I hold dear
I've been worryin' that we all, live our lives, in the confines of fear.


In short, I'm afraid of not LIVING enough with the time I've been given. That I don't take enough chances or go crazy enough.  My fear is looking back and regretting NOT doing something.  I want to look back on my life and feel like I had an awesome, incredible journey. So, I guess my advice for myself comes from Ms. Frizzle, "Take chances, make mistakes, and get messy!" (Magic School Bus, anyone?)

No comments:

Post a Comment