Me, abridged...

My photo
I'm a "twenty-something". I am hopelessly awkward and romantic. I love music and movies and traveling and having new adventures. I teach first grade in South Carolina. These are my romantic musings and random ramblings.

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

BABIEEEEES (and no babies)

My very best friend in the entire universe just had a baby boy. (YAY!) He is perfect and chubby and adorable and her husband is absolutely precious with him. Seriously, her sweet little family is so amazing...it's EXACTLY what I want--eventually. Of course, it leads me to think about the lack of perfect family-ness/romance in my own life. For starters, my last kiss was like 3 months ago with a guy friend I'd been wanting to kiss for approximately 4 years.  (Sounds awesome, I know.) But, OF COURSE, I had to mess it up with my unmatched awkwardness.  After he kissed me, in a moment of complete and utter confusion and nervousness, I LAUGHED. Not just a cute little giggle, either...a full-fledged, near-snorting laugh.  Even thinking about it now, I inwardly cringe.  It was very similar to the episode of Friends when Ross puts his hands on Rachel's butt and she laughs at him--it completely ruined the "moment". Except in my case, I didn't have the guts to try to kiss him again.  I tend to over-think everything and that greatly lessens my chance of seizing the moment. So, here's to seizing the moment at any point in the future in the hopes that at some point, I too will have a sweet baby and a husband who wants to cuddle all of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment